Type of Job
About the company
Catalyx is a fast-growing, multi award-winning, tech enabled insight agency.
We work with some of the worlds most respected companies across 45 countries and languages – including Procter and Gamble, Unilever, SC Johnson, PepsiCo, Nestle, Newell Brands, McCain Foods, Logitech, Lidl and many more.
Our unique multi-method approach to capture what the worlds consumers do, feel, think and want allows us to rapidly transform consumer behaviour, opinion and creativity into recommendations that help our clients build better brands. You can find out more on our website -
In the annual FT 1000 ranking, published in March 2020, we were listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing companies and over the summer we were recognised in the GRIT report as one of the world’s top strategic consultancies and full-service agencies. Our “online first” approach has been COVID-proof, such that we have seen accelerated growth across 2020.
We are now looking for a highly ambitious Senior Strategist to join us to help us to deliver the highest quality insights to our clients.
Catalyx practices flexible working practices with offices in Geneva, London, Sofia and the USA.
About the role
The role of the Senior Strategist is to help Catalyx’ clients build their business through the development of product, marketing and strategy that will best meet the needs and exceed the expectations of their end user. Our qualitative and quantitative methodologies collect and use the collective intelligence found in end user data at speed and scale. The role of the Senior Strategist is to translate this data into business building insights.
Lead and manage consumer research projects for clients, specifically
- Identify client´s research objectives and translate it into research design
- Lead the delivery of research projects from commission to debrief and lead client presentations
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data to generate meaningful consumer insights and frame these in a compelling way
- Manage multiple research projects, ensuring on-time delivery
- Provide project leadership on research engagements managed by more junior team members to ensure on-time and high-quality delivery internally and to clients
- Highlight opportunities to upsell additional research to clients based on existing projects (e.g. additional sample, extra markets etc) and share these to the Sales team
- Identify and participate in internal projects that improve internal efficiencies, address client needs or industry trends, and impact the strategic direction of the company
- Min 5 years of experience in strategic planning, brand/innovation consulting, or market research (qualitative and/or quantitative, agency or client side)
- Knowledgeable about insights and brand building strategy
- Experience with consumer research and uncovering insights
- Experience in preparing written reports summarizing findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Able to make meaning from large amounts of unstructured content (words, video or image), turning this into strategic direction or the creative springboard for marketing and innovation
- Proven ability to manage projects independently
- An attention to detail and an exacting standard, with a pride for delivering excellent work that exceed client expectations
- A passion and understanding of new approaches to marketing, insight generation, innovation or strategy
- An excellent mastery of PowerPoint and Excel. Being adept at data analytics tools is a plus
- English is a must (C1 level), 2nd foreign language is a plus)
We work hard and we are proud of what we are trying to achieve. We try to keep things fun and exciting. We are very honest, not afraid to say when we have got something wrong, recognize and celebrate when we have done something well and we don’t really like big egos. We look out for each other, support each other and grab the occasional drink when we can. From you we’re looking for:
- Excellent team player, happy to not work in a defined ‘box’ but support broadly and willingly for the overall success of the company
- Excited by the opportunity to help a fast-growing agency continue to establish itself as an industry thought leader.
- A hands-on, highly collaborative attitude.
- Flexible, open minded, not scared to try out new things.
- Strong attention to detail, be highly organized and focused on work quality