Account Director, Europe
Type of Job
26 March 2021
About the company
Catalyx is a fast-growing, multi award-winning, tech enabled insight agency.
We work with some of the world's most respected companies across 45 countries and languages – including Procter and Gamble, Unilever, SC Johnson, PepsiCo, Nestle, Newell Brands, McCain Foods, Logitech, Lidl and many more.
Our unique multi-method approach to capture what the worlds consumers do, feel, think and want allows us to rapidly transform consumer behaviour, opinion and creativity into recommendations that help our clients build better brands. You can find out more on our website - .
In the annual FT 1000 ranking, published in March 2020, we were listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing companies and over the summer we were recognised in the GRIT report as one of the world's top strategic consultancies and full-service agencies. Our “online first” approach has been COVID-proof, such that we have seen accelerated growth across 2020.
We are now looking for a highly ambitious Account Director to join our team to help us continue to rapidly develop our business.
About the role
As an Account Director at Catalyx you will support the revenue growth and excellent project delivery with our existing clients – working across a wide range of clients and needs. You will also have the opportunity to own and lead the development of certain clients – with the goal of scaling those clients up to key account status as you build up your own experience and capabilities.
You will manage the day-to-day relationship with your clients, develop compelling proposals that win business and work closely with our strategic team to deliver excellence on strategic projects.
You will have a thorough understanding of our business, proactively identify opportunities to promote our services and to deliver growth.
You will report into the Head of Commercial.
This is a critical position for us to ensure we grow as fast as possible while maintaining our reputation, repeat purchase rate and referrals. As part of your role you will:
• Define and execute a strategic growth plan across your portfolio of clients. You’ll identify opportunities for developing and capitalising on existing client business
• Support the Head of Commercial in executing the strategic growth plan across our portfolio of clients. You’ll help to develop and capitalise on existing client business
• Manage and respond to incoming leads from different channels (website, LinkedIn campaigns, referral, etc.), engaging senior leaders of opportunities when they arrive
• Develop strong partnerships with your clients by demonstrating a detailed understanding of their business, brand, industry, and consumers/customers and how our services should be applied to bring their commercial ambitions to life
• Ensure retention of existing clients and create an action plan to develop the existing portfolio via new revenue streams
• Inspire internal team to develop best in class strategic solutions for our clients, establishing thought leadership for your clients, helping them to challenge their industry standards and stay ahead of their competition
• Take responsibility for projects from a Commercial perspective, answering any questions from the project teams as needed to ensure work stays aligned to the client objective
• Create effective proposals that relate directly to client’s business requirements, and develop convincing, robust rationale for why Catalyx recommendations are right
• Manage communication, ensuring the fast and thorough flow of information between your clients and our internal team
• Ensure that your clients always feel valued, listened to and that their needs are met quickly and efficiently
• Work in close partnership with all internal disciplines to create positive momentum and excitement about the team’s remit on those clients
• Attend industry and key events; represent Catalyx, ensuring efficient lead generation
The ideal candidate has demonstrable client management experience (at least 5 years).
The person will also meet most or all of the following requirements:
• A proven track record of managing and growing key accounts, particularly in FMCG.
• A good understanding of the world of consumer insight, market research and marketing strategy, having sold to Market Research and Insight professionals and clearly understand what makes them tick and their frustrations
• A background in Insight Discovery, Innovation Development and Communication Optimisation would be helpful – able to identify how to identify unmet needs, trial drivers and barriers, innovation territories and how to build compelling concepts and recognise how to make them better and more consumer centric. Catalyx is about identifying strategic recommendations that build businesses, not just about delivering data or even insight.
• A track record of converting clients to new ways of thinking and breaking away from their status quo.
• Multi-sector experience is welcome, however FMCG experience in Research / Marketing / Sales (either client or agency side) is required
• Excellent team player, happy to not work in a defined ‘box’ but support broadly and willingly for the overall success of the company
• A good knowledge of online CRM systems (such as HubSpot or Salesforce or equivalent) and an understanding of marketing and sales automation
• An ability to sell services and consultancy-based products
• A passion and understanding of new approaches to marketing, insight generation, innovation and strategy – specifically crowdsourcing, and new market research techniques. You must be knowledgeable and excited by this sector and by consumer insights
• A fluency in English with other languages is a bonus. Bachelors or Master’s degree or comparable experience in a relevant field of expertise.
Personal Requirements – Be Human, Understand Humans
You will have demonstrated an ability to build long term and meaningful trust and exceptional relationships with clients and within your organization. You will be a great team player and get on well with a wide range of people and personality types. We are a small organization, so it is imperative that we can work well together, even when we disagree on things.
You will be excited by the opportunity to help take a fast-growing agency and continue to establish itself as an industry thought leader. You will have a lean mindset and a hands-on, highly collaborative attitude. You will be flexible, open minded, not scared by trying out new things.
You will be able to demonstrate a strategic mindset, able to develop longer term thinking and support the development of processes and plans for how to sustainably build success in a fast-growing organization.
You will have a solution-based mindset, constantly looking for ways to make things work better, run smoother and take less time. You will want to grow an exciting business, not just through the day to day selling of its current services, but also by helping to evolve and invent new ideas as the key knowledge holder of what the client is looking for.
You will have strong presentation and/or public speaking skills, outstanding written communication skills, a positive, self-starter attitude and desire to exceed expectations at every opportunity. You will also have a strong attention to detail, be highly organised and focused on work quality.
And you will be human! We work hard and we are very proud of what we are trying to achieve. But this should be fun and exciting. We all have lots of other things going on outside of Catalyx. We are very honest, not afraid to say when we have got something wrong, recognize and celebrate when we have done something well and we don’t really like big egos. We try to look out for each other, support each other and grab the occasional drink when we can.