Field and Project Manager
The Good Side
Type of Job
6 month full-time contract with the potential to go permanent
Mare St, London E8, UK
10 March 2022
About the company
The Good Side is an insight, strategy and ideas studio, based in London and working worldwide.
We unpack cultural complexity and set fresh directions.
We humanise audiences and navigate business and social challenges.
We craft strategies and stories for impact.
We are plugged into change at ground level, worldwide.
We take inspiration from ethnography, social sciences, human centred design, behavioural science
and documentary methods to approach social and cultural issues.
We work with leading and emerging organisations to understand the world and make good things
Our clients include Apple, Save The Children, Instagram, Human Dignity Trust and Movember
About the role
What we are seeking
Organised, resourceful, energetic and experienced project and fieldwork manager with a
background in research agency project management (alternatively experience of creative and
media businesses would be useful).
We're passionate about mixed and inventive methods alongside more conventional research and
creative processes, so central to this role is a passion for learning new things, making
unconventional things happen, and creative problem solving. At this level we also expect strong
project management experience as standard.
Though the role will include traditional qual research project management (including screener
design, scheduling, recruitment etc), we are looking for an all rounder who is interested in
developing and maintaining good client relationships, interested in leading on operations and
logistics, keen to help us realise new methods and mediums, and ready to make a mark on
designing processes that help us work not just more efficiently but more creatively. Whether you
come from a research or creative agency background, you will have a contacts book of partners
to call on to help deliver projects and a passion for finding solutions to logistical and business
We're a small and highly committed team, and The Good Side is a very hands-on environment. We
all wear many hats on every a project, so flexibility, mucking in, and a passion to collaborate are
essential characteristics of Good Siders. This role and our company culture won’t suit people
looking for a simple life, or those who work best left to their own devices. We can’t offer the stature
and structures of a big networked agency; instead we offer a huge opportunity to grow as we do,
to work with leading client organisations on the most interesting briefs, to make your mark on
projects and research approaches, and to learn from a range of complementary skill sets
About you and the role
What you’ll bring technically
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a field or project management role in an agency or client
- Flair for working on culturally focused, exploratory briefs, tackling complex questions
- A great contacts book of field partners, fixers and freelancers
- Ability to take on unusual and complex briefs - but also smash the more straight forward ones
- Experience in putting budgets together to feed into proposals
- Permission to work in the UK
What you’ll offer personally
- Great sense of humour and energy
- Supportive and nourishing vibes
- Proactivity in looking for ways to increase organisation and efficiency within the business, and
helping us apply fresh thinking to our briefs
- Self-starter - someone who is going to make the role their own, and co-create the structures
and space that our projects and operations management needs
- Interest in video, photography and content creation
- Passionate about culture and cultural diversity