Insight Consultancy Manager
Type of Job
Permanent, Full time
£35,000 - £37,000
28 July 2021
About the company
London Sport exists to make London the most physically active city in the world.
We are supported by Sport England and the Mayor of London, and work in partnership with London’s Local Authorities and a host of agencies to support less active Londoners to build physical activity habits that support their health, wellbeing and prosperity
About the role
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious manager to join the dynamic Insight, Technology and Data directorate at London Sport.
This role involves leading and managing our Insight Consultancy work. It’s an exciting blend of securing commissions and delivering successful research projects for our clients. How projects are delivered will depend on the circumstance but will involve a combination of carrying out research directly, often with other colleagues from the Insight team and London Sport more broadly, and / or partnering with Associates.
This is a hugely varied role offering the opportunity to apply your experience in research delivery and develop a range of insight and consultancy skills in the field of sport and physical activity.
What you’ll do:
○ Lead on the delivery and development of London Sport’s Insight Consultancy service, working with both the wider Consultancy and Insight teams.
○ Work with the colleagues to identify new opportunities, supporting with prospecting, lead generation and client engagement to win new work and achieve revenue targets.
○ Develop Insight and research proposals that meet the needs of clients, including research design, the costs, identifying the required resources and presenting as required.
○ Manage and deliver research and insight projects for Clients. This includes:
• Carrying out primary and secondary research
• Analysing data and developing recommendations
• Producing research reports and other outputs
• Project and client management
• Managing and working with others e.g. the Insight team, wider London Sport colleagues and / or
○ Actively develop and manage a network of Insight Associates to enable us to scale our capacity and broaden our service offer when required.
○ Support the promotion of London Sport’s insight work through developing case studies, newsletters, webinars and social content, whilst building your profile as a key point of contact and source of expertise for our clients.
○ Play an active role within London Sport’s Insight team, working effectively with the team to deliver on our wider Insight plans whilst utilising our insight networks and expertise to add value to the Consultancy offer.
• Excellent understanding of qualitative and quantitative research techniques including online and offline methods. You can apply these techniques to design projects that meet the needs of the clients brief. We are particularly interested to hear from people who can apply such approaches to:
○ Develop strategy and policy using evidence led approaches (e.g., through engaging and consulting with stakeholders and combining insights gathered through desk-based research).
○ Understand the needs of diverse groups and communities that exist in cities like London
○ Carry out research to design and / or improve interventions, programmes and services
• You can confidently lead and deliver successful research/insight projects using a range of techniques and approaches. You can analyse information from a range of sources, distilling key findings and developing conclusions and recommendations.
• Excellent communication skills: your written and verbal reporting is tailored to the needs of the audience. You take pride in keeping your outputs simple and meaningful.
• Strong capability in developing and managing relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to effectively support team and organizational goals.
• You enjoy being part of a team, operating with flexibility, adapting quickly to changing priorities to meet the needs of clients and new opportunities.
• Ability to demonstrate a practical commitment to the Values and Behaviours of London Sport.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion in relation to London.
• Lived experience of day-to-day life in London.
Apply here - https://app.beapplied.com/apply/rsmcujsqcl