Senior Research Exec
Type of Job
18 March 2022
About the company
2CV is an award winning, global, full-service quant and qual consumer insight research agency that is dedicated to delivering innovative research solutions. For over 30 years we've helped businesses to thrive. We uncover the insights that drive change. We help clients to decipher it and to figure out the 'what's next' so they can move forward confidently. We work with our clients across the globe to make sense of their target audiences, whether consumer or business.
About the role
We have an exciting position in our Qual team for a bright, enthusiastic and well-versed Senior Research
Executive looking for a new challenge (our preference is for top end SRE, but we are also interested in
seeing entry level RMs).
The team’s central focus is research with global clients in the B2B space. Main sectors include tech and
logistics with clients such as HP, Three and FedEx (however, some work is in other sectors such as
health, transport and retail.) You’ll be part of a dynamic team of researchers working closely with
quantitative colleagues across diverse and stimulating projects. The audiences reached typically include
a mixture of consumers, business owners and decision makers, and channel partners.
We’re looking for someone who’s curious about products and services, and how organisations and
people interact with them – whether that’s sizing a new market opportunity, positioning a new product or
understanding buyer behaviour. Much of the work the team does solves strategic business problems for
well-known global brands.
While your allocated team will often form the majority of your workload, there is also the opportunity to
work on projects across the qualitative department (Social and Commercial) and to help on quantitative
projects if you would like to broaden your skill set. Many of the projects are international and you’ll have
the chance to work with our colleagues in the United States and Singapore.
An additional recruitment request close to our heart
We are committed to addressing diversity and inclusion within all aspects of 2CV. We know great agencies can only really begin to thrive when they have a diverse team. Our 2019 internship was focused on recruiting POC into the research world from a wider range of backgrounds, and we have partnered with 1000 black interns for 2022. Furthermore, our research gives us access to a hugely diverse population and we are committed to reflect that in our team so that we can go beyond empathy and truly reflect our worlds.
We have recently made the move to blind recruitment and ask that you do the following prior to sending us any CVs and covering notes:
• Remove any personal identifiers such as name, date of birth, email etc.
• Remove all indications of gender
• Remove places of study and when, we’re only interested in the course title and grade awarded
• Please title all documentation CV/notes as: name of your agency - candidate 1 etc.
• Current salary/expectations and notice period information to be on email only, not within the CV
Interviewing process will be as follows
1. 15-20 min initial call with one of our team
2. Interview with two directors of the B2B team
3. Final interview with our Head of Qual and Head of the B2B team (including presentation of a task that they would be sent beforehand)
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in qualitative research (some quant experience is a bonus, but not required)
• Strong interest in understanding in how organisations behave - what makes businesses tick and exploring the challenges they face
• Understanding of different research methods from traditional to digital qual as well as an interest in/basic understanding of quant and how it works in tandem with qual
• Strong project management skills and experience of running digital communities and online focus groups/depths (from set up to analysis)
• Experienced in producing quality outputs at each from discussion guides through to final reporting.
• Moderation skills for depths, groups etc. f2f and/or online
• Produce and lead comprehensive and clear analysis. Understanding what a great insight story looks like, and are starting to experiment with creating their own, supported by directors
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good communication skills, written and verbal. Experience delivering presentations to clients in an engaging manner
• Lots of passion!
• Seek out learning and feedback – they know what they’re naturally good at and what they want to work on -and they use experiences and feedback to become more effective
• Have lived the project lifecycle from start to finish and know how its different elements are interconnected. They know what each stage of a ‘normal’ research project looks like
• Also know what ‘not normal’ looks like – effective SREs have seen things go wrong from time to time. They understand how great researchers manage those situations effectively to preserve the client relationship, project quality and 2CV’s reputation.