Two Graduate Research Executive Roles
Type of Job
25 January 2021
About the company
Basis is an independent insight consultancy working with global clients to deliver insight activation. Simply put, this means giving our clients the understanding, the guidance and the recommendations they need to make the right decisions for their organisation.
About the role
Basis, an independent insight consultancy, is looking for two Graduate Research Executives to join its qualitative team in London.
The culture at Basis is friendly, supportive and non-hierarchical: we believe in training our graduates up fast. From day one, you’ll be working on live projects, helping to deliver strategic insight for brands globally.
Our work is challenging and varied, across categories like FMCG, tech, media, travel and more. One week you might be uncovering opportunities for vegan food products in Germany; and the next, repositioning a healthcare brand in Egypt. We’ve also just launched Basis Social, a social research practice helping clients to shape public policy, communications and services.
A background in research is not essential – we’re looking for…
• Strong writing and communication skills, with full English fluency
• Curiosity and desire to understand people – who they are, what drives them, etc.
• A problem-solving mindset: motivated to find solutions for our clients’ marketing challenges
• Both a team player and a self-starter
• Heaps of enthusiasm
• Willingness to travel for work – in the UK with international opportunities too
• Organisational and time management skills
• Attention to detail
• At least a 2.1 in any university degree
• Ability to speak another language is a plus but not essential
This opportunity is for a Feb-March 2021 start.
If you’re interested, please send your application to email@example.com, with the subject ‘Qual – Graduate Research Executive’, by Friday 29 January. Please attach your CV, along with a 250-word response to each of these questions: ‘Tell us about a brand that you feel is not ready for 2021’ and ‘Think of a social issue in the world today that would benefit from research and insight to solve - what kind of questions would you want to answer through research and why?’
Basis is an equal opportunities employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, and take measures to remove the possibility of discrimination from our recruitment process.