Type of Job
London / Bristol
Salary scale is £37,000 to £44,000 p.a. D.o.E. (including London Weighting)
3 November 2021
About the company
OnePoll specializes in intelligent research – interacting daily with our trusted and engaged panel to deliver richer, more valuable insight.
We don’t just post your questions. We design them. As a full service agency, we create bespoke solutions to all your PR, marketing and market research needs.
We provide comprehensive, accessible data, with a huge choice of national or global splits.
About the role
OnePoll is the second most quoted market research agency in the UK, and we are looking for an experienced Research Manager to join our talented research team. As part of top 100 PR Agency
72Point, the Research Manager will report to our Research Director and support internal creative
and sales teams as well as external clients.
This is a hands-on role which requires demonstrable skills in questionnaire design, survey scripting
and data analysis/ reporting, as well as experience in managing research projects and mentoring
those junior to this role. We actively support career relevant personal development & training across
the business, both with internal training and industry specific programmes.
We are looking for someone with an outgoing personality; you will be required to liaise with clients
for survey work and to give presentations alongside our sales team. Daily online communication
with OnePoll’s main office in Bristol will also be required.
This is an active and collaborative role - working in an energetic environment with a friendly and
team from research, commercial and creative backgrounds. The ideal candidate will help run our
London Office in Farringdon, working on a wide range of online research projects for Market
Research and PR clients across B2B, B2C and opinion polling.
The role is currently largely home based, going into the office 2 days a week. The pandemic
revealed efficiencies that led to increased productivity through working from home and we are keen
to maintain a hybrid approach that makes the best of blending working from home with onsite
collaboration. For this reason, we're happy to consider applicants within commuting distance of
To apply, please provide full CV, details of your salary expectations and explain why you feel you fit
the job spec.
OnePoll CANNOT support applications for UK Visas and, hence, will not take applications from
people residing outside the UK.
This role will NOT suit anyone who lacks a minimum of 2 years' experience in a dedicated market
You MUST be/ have:
• Managed quantitative market research projects from inception to reporting
• Staff development with experience of training and mentoring junior staff members
• Experience in direct client liaison, in a market research organisation, showing strong
communication skills including consultation and presentation
• A grasp of market research techniques: quantitative, qualitative and observational
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
• Strong PC based skills, especially Excel
• Commercial experience with budgets and costs for projects
• Educated to a degree level (ideally in a subject relevant to market research)
• Excellent written English (for reports and questionnaires)
• Good social skills, a 'self-starter' and a team player
It would be desirable for you have/be:
• Experience of managing online market research projects
o Using online survey tools such as QuestionPro, Survey Monkey, SPARQ, etc.
• Experience of working in a market research agency or in client-side market research
o Experience of using R, Q or SPSS/ PSPP an advantage
• Experience and knowledge of questionnaire design and methodologies
• Experience of dealing with clients in a B2B environment
• A member of the Market Research Society
o Have an MRS qualification